All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionThe introduction of Islamic banking and finance across the globe strengthens the argument for low and stable inflation and rule-based monetary policy for sustained ecomic growth. Although Islamic banking and finance may have created some complexities in financial transactions it remains consistent with Classical monetary theory and has created opportunities for improving the infrastructure of central banks and monetary policy to maintain both price and ecomic stability. This book reviews key aspects of central banking and monetary policy in selected Muslim-majority countries which have introduced Islamic banking and finance alongside conventional banking since the 1980s. The selected countries are Bahrain, Bangladesh, Egypt, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Turkey. While reviewing country-specific experiences and issues in inflation and monetary policy, and analysing them from an historical context, emphasis is given to the evolution of Islamic banking and finance and the consequent institutional developments for maintaining price stability. Macroecomic problems under these regimes are also highlighted and their policy implications drawn. This volume will be of great value to students and researchers interested in Islamic banking and finance, and macroecomic and monetary policy issues in Muslim-majority countries.
- Author BiographyAkhand Akhtar Hossain, Associate Professor of Economics, The University of Newcastle, Australia
- Author(s)Akhand Akhtar Hossain
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/08/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.