All listings for this product
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $28.30
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $12.84
- AU $7.31Trending at AU $12.20
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $22.51
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $14.44
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $32.43
- AU $30.06Trending at AU $31.49
About this product
- DescriptionThe fully revised and updated second edition of this best-selling guidebook is intended for all visitors to Cambridge, and for anyone with an interest in the University. Combining an accessible style with accuracy of fact and a wealth of historical detail, it can be used to accompany a walking tour or read at leisure as an authoritative introduction. The second edition is packed with newly commissioned colour photographs by Japanese artist and photographer Hiroshi Shimura, as well as fresh maps and added information about the buildings and developments of recent years. Central attractions receive full entries, and the book also offers historical descriptions of all the outer-lying colleges, making it a comprehensive survey of the collegiate University. There is an informative introduction, a list of colleges with foundation dates, a substantial glossary and index, and a list of further reading material, all extended and updated for this edition.
- Author BiographyKevin Taylor has worked at Cambridge University Press in editorial and legal roles since 1984, and has been a director of the Press since 1999. He is also a director of the Copyright Licensing Agency and Publishers Licensing Society, and has worked as a tour guide in Cambridge. H.R.H. The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh and Chancellor of the University of Cambridge.
- Author(s)Kevin Taylor
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication22/05/2008
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note5 b/w illus. 95 colour illus. 5 maps 2 tables
- Weight280 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Foreword byHRH Prince Philip
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.