All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionSheffield city centre suffered heavily in the Luftwaffe attacks of December 1940. More than 660 lives were lost and many houses, buildings, and business premises were destroyed in the city centre. Rebuilding was slow and there were signs of rmality until the 1960s. This peaked in the 1970s, until a severe ecomic decline followed in the ensuing decade, resulting in the closure of many of Sheffield's steel mills and associated industries.In compiling this book Peter Tuffrey has tried to illustrate and describe how certain areas of the city centre have changed following the Blitz, ecomic decline, and regeneration through the City Centre Strategy. More importantly, it is a fitting tribute to all those people who lost their lives in the terrible nights during December 1940, and the thousands made redundant throughout the 1980s.
- Author BiographyPeter Tuffrey was born in Doncaster in 1953. He studied Fine Art at Doncaster College of Art from 1970 to 1971 and then at Leeds University until 1974. He held the position of Keeper of Fine and Decorative Arts at Doncaster Museum and Art Gallery 1975-1995, was a freelance writer 1995-2000 and PR Media Consultant for Doncaster Rovers 2000-2002. He was Area Manager for the Music Ground Group of Companies 2003-2010. He is now working as a freelance writer. In his spare time, he has built up a massive photographic archive of the region's towns and villages. With this he has produced over fifty publications. He has also written many articles for local and regional newspapers. He lives in Doncaster.
- Author(s)Peter Tuffrey
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/10/2011
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleThrough Time
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note186
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.