All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionIt is t good to have zeal without kwledge * ...Book of Proverbs This volume constitutes the proceedings of the Third International Workshop on Materials Processing at High Gravity. It offers the latest results in a new field with immense potential for commercialization, making this book a vital resource for research and development professionals in industry, academia and government. We have titled the proceedings Centrifugal Materials Processing to emphasize that centrifugation causes more than an increase in acceleration. It also introduces the Coriolis force and a gradient of acceleration, both of which have been discovered to play important roles in materials processing. The workshop was held June 2-8, 1996 on the campus of Clarkson University in Potsdam, New York, under the sponsorship of Corning Corporation and the International Center for Gravity Materials Science and Applications. The meeting was very productive and exciting, with energetic discussions of the latest discoveries in centrifugal materials processing, continuing the atmosphere of the first workshop held in 1991 at Dubna (Russia) and the second workshop held in 1993 in Potsdam, New York. Results and research plans were presented for a wide variety of centrifugal materials processing, including directional solidification of semiconductors, crystallization of high Tc superconductors, growth of diamond thin films, welding, alloy casting, solution behavior and growth, protein crystal growth, polymerization, and flow behavior. Also described were several centrifuge facilities that have been constructed for research, with costs beginning at below $1000.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/11/2012
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight547 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byLiya L. Regel,William R. Wilcox
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1997
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.