CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis edition restores to print a central text of the New Narrative movement, founded in San Francisco by Boone and Robert Gluck in response to the stagnation of contemporary experimental poetry of the late 1970s. Wishing to bring the vigor and energy of the gay rights and feminist movements, Bruce Boone's writing of the late 1970s is as fresh, funny, witty, and self-reflexive as it was thirty years ago. First published in 1980, Century of Clouds, based on Boone's experiences at the summer meeting of Marxism and Theory Group in St. Cloud, Minnesota, takes up issues of sexuality, political and theoretical identity, religion, and friendship in the characteristically rich and varied writing of the New Narrative movement.
- Author BiographyBRUCE BOONE S published work includes Karate Flower, My Walk With Bob, Century of Clouds, The Truth About Ted, and with Robert Gluck, La Fontaine. In addition, Boone has translated the work of Georges Bataille, Pascal Quignard, and Jean Francois Lyotard. He lives in San Francisco. ROB HALPERN is the author of Music for Porn and Common Place, among other books.
- Author(s)Bruce Boone
- PublisherNightboat Books
- Date of Publication08/12/2009
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNightboat Books
- Weight159 g
- Width133 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.