All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCentury of Struggle tells the story of one of the great social movements in American history. The struggle for women s voting rights was one of the longest, most successful, and in some respects most radical challenges ever posed to the American system of electoral politics. The book you are about to read tells the story of one of the great social movements in American history. The struggle for women s voting rights was one of the longest, most successful, and in some respects most radical challenges ever posed to the American system of electoral politics It is difficult to imagine w a time when women were largely removed by custom, practice, and law from the formal political rights and responsibilities that supported and sustained the nation s young democracy For sheer drama the suffrage movement has few equals in modern American political history. From the Preface by Ellen Fitzpatrick
- Author BiographyEleanor Flexner(1908-1995), a writer, was also the author of American Playwrights: 1918-1938 and Mary Wollstonecraft. Ellen Fitzpatrick is Associate Professor of History, Harvard University, and the author of Endless Crusade: Women Social Scientists and Progressive Reform.
- Author(s)Eleanor Flexner,Ellen Fitzpatrick
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication02/08/1996
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Belknap Press
- Content Note2 line illustrations
- Weight626 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementEnlarged edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.