All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a comprehensive, invaluable reference to hand building that will be popular with crafters & ceramicists alike. With a wealth of information, elegant design, and time-tested advice, this beautiful beginner's book covers the most popular topic in ceramics. Just as in her celebrated workshops, artist Shay Amber guides would-be potters through all the basics of hand building, from pinching and coiling to draping slabs, adding gorgeous surface embellishments, and firing. Twelve teaching projects - including a pinched tea bowl and coil-built espresso cup set - build a repertoire of skills. Hundreds of step-by-step images demonstrate key steps while extensive galleries of images provide inspiration.
- Author BiographyShay Amber is a ceramic artist who works exclusively with hand-built forms. She holds a degree in ceramics from Ringling School of Art and Design, completed a three-year residency at Odyssey Center for the Ceramic Arts, and received a scholarship to Watershed Center for the Ceramic Arts. Shay's work is displayed in galleries and permanent collections all over America.
- Author(s)Shay Amber
- PublisherLark Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication23/02/2012
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationAsheville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLark Books,U.S.
- Content Notefull colour illustrations throughout, includes illustrations, includes photographs
- Weight540 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.