All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionPrintmaking techniques have long been used in the pottery industry, but until comparatively recently ceramicists have tended to view the use of these techniques with disdain. Attitudes are changing rapidly w, however, as makers continue to explore creative possibilities while working with ceramic materials. In this book, Paul Scott briefly discusses the history of ceramics and print, and then concentrates on the techniques used by contemporary ceramicists. These include: screen printing, both transfer decoration and working directly onto clay; photographic processes; sponge printing; stamped ware; licuts; prints from plaster slabs; and other printmaking techniques. For this new edition Ceramics and Print has been significantly expanded and treats recent developments in the use of the photocopier, laser printer, and computer-generated prints. Many of the illustrations are new, and color images w replace almost all of the earlier black-and-white photographs. The book, groundbreaking in its original publication, has in the Second Edition been brought up to date and should add considerably to the kwledge of this exciting and popular medium.
- Author BiographyPaul Scott is an artist, writer, and curator. A member of the International Academy of Ceramics, he is currently Senior Research Fellow in Ceramics at the Fine Art Department, University of Newcastle upon Tyne.
- Author(s)Paul Scott
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication05/02/2002
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleCeramics Handbooks
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Content Note126 color, 10 b/w illus.
- Weight381 g
- Width3963 mm
- Height5969 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.