All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChair yoga is a revolutionary concept designed to make the numerous benefits of classical yoga available to a wider range of physical abilities. This step-by-step program can be practiced by virtually anyone, anywhere, in any chair, to stimulate physical and mental well-being. This fully illustrated guide contains ninety easy-to-master exercises that have been specially developed for those with a limited range of movement. Clear instructions guide the reader through each routine, all of which can be carried out safely without any previous kwledge or yoga expertise. The exercises can also be adapted by yoga teachers who want to incorporate chair yoga into their classes. This book will be popular with anyone wanting to experience the health benefits of an easy, versatile form of yoga, particularly older people, individuals rehabilitating after injury or illness and those with physical disabilities, as well as the professionals who support them.
- Author BiographyEdeltraud Rohnfeld qualified as a yoga teacher at the Berlin Yoga Institute Asha Rekai in 1991. She taught private yoga classes in Berlin for 15 years and trained yoga teachers and healthcare professionals. She later specialised in chair yoga, learning from its founder Erika Hammerstroem. She moved to Ireland in 2008 where she runs seminars on chair and classic yoga. Her website can be viewed at www.yoga-clare.com.
- Author(s)Edeltraud Rohnfeld
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSinging Dragon
- Content Note117 black and white drawings
- Weight381 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated byAnne Oppenheimer
Most relevant reviews
- blomfnz20 Apr, 2016by
Chair Yoga - Author Edeltraud Rohnfeld
Great base to launch Chair Yoga class planning routines. Excellently illustrated - easy to follow instructions for asanas.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- dolfinbaby0805 Aug, 2012by
Hi there I bought this book about 3 months ago because i have Multiple sclerosis, i don't have good balance and poor circulation.I am unable to stand for to long but i needed to find some kind of exercise/relaxation system that works for me. This is it, it's easy to read and understand and very beneficial to me.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21