All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first biography of William McChesney Martin, Jr. (1906-1998), the first paid president of the New York Stock Exchange and the chairman of the Federal Reserve System under Presidents Truman to Nixon. The extent of Martin's influence on the course of American ecomic history was significant: arguably he has done more to strengthen and reform the nation's most important financial institutions than has any other individual. Chairman of the Fed tells Martin's fascinating life story and explains his lasting impact on the NYSE and the Fed, both troubled institutions that Martin transformed. The book provides an inside look into the ecomic deliberations of five presidential administrations and describes Martin's battles to bring about ethical and intelligent regulation of U.S. financial markets. His experiences shed light t only on the evolution of the American financial system but also on critical issues that confront the system today.
- Author BiographyRobert P. Bremner has held positions in the World Bank and the investment banking industry. He is a former small business owner and currently serves as a public trustee for a large mutual fund management company.
- Author(s)Robert P. Bremner
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication10/11/2004
- SubjectBiography: Business
- Place of PublicationNew haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.