Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents case studies of educational invation in a number of Mediterranean countries. Each chapter provides the reader with a background detailing key national socio-cultural, ecomic, and political dynamics that drive educational development in the region. As they attempt to meet the challenge of participating in the global ecomy, several countries in the south of Europe and the Middle East and North African region look toward formal education to bring about change - be this through curricular reform, the introduction of information techlogy, or the engagement of new and more effective forms of instruction. This collection provides important insights into the process of invation and the role that education plays in modernization.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Ronald G. Sultana holds a Ph.D. in educational sociology and was Fulbright Scholar at Stanford University. He presently directs the Comparative Education Program in Euro-Mediterranean Studies of the Faculty of Education at the University of Malta, where is also past Dean. He is the author or editor of eight volumes and has published over seventy articles and chapters in journals and books. He is the founding editor of the Mediterranean Journal of Educational Studies and represents the region on the editorial boards of several international journals.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2001
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Notetables
- Weight780 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byRonald G. Sultana
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.