Challenges in Professional Supervision: Current Themes and Models for Practice by Liz Beddoe, Allyson Davys (Paperback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $49.05+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.00+ postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by thebooksaver
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionChallenges in Professional Supervision draws on the latest research and theory to explore issues, trends and developments in supervision work. The provision of excellent supervision is strongly linked to improved performance and staff retention. In this book, supervision is examined across a broad range of settings, addressing concerns common to a range of professions, including health, social work and counselling. The book is divided into two sections: the first describes the contemporary themes in professional supervision and the second discusses the models and skills being employed to deliver it. Issues such as supervising ethically, practitioner wellbeing and managing the process are all explored. There are also chapters on group supervision, supervision of managers and how to have difficult conversations. This book is ideal for managers and senior practitioners in health and social care with an active interest in developing, energising and inspiring their supervision practice, as well as academics interested in keeping up-to-date with developments in the field.
- Author BiographyLiz Beddoe is Associate Professor in the School of Counselling, Human Services and Social Work at the University of Auckland in New Zealand. Liz has a background in social work in health settings and has been an academic for two decades. Liz's main teaching and research interests include critical perspectives on social work education and professionalisation, professional supervision, and political and news media framing of social work and social problems. Allyson Davys is a registered social worker who has a background of practice, supervision, teaching and management in health, social care and the tertiary education sectors. Her interest in professional supervision covers more than twenty years of supervision practice, education and research. Currently she is focussing on research, academic writing and doctoral study and has a small private practice. She has a particular interest in supervision as a generic practice and across different professions. They are the authors of Best Practice in Professional Supervision, also published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Author(s)Allyson Davys,Liz Beddoe
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication19/05/2016
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $30.84Trending at AU $33.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.