All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis case study of the micro nation states in Nigeria shows that the issues involved in interreligious dialogue cant be analysed in isolation from other various societal variables as some scholars have done in the past. This work demonstrates that religion and theological studies must be rooted in interdisciplinary approach and must pay serious attention to contexts. These contexts - societal variables including geo-historical, cultural, religious, local, national, artistic and global factors - play an indispensable role and provide the background for understanding, interpreting and evaluating human religious expressions. Given the complexity of these contexts, the author applied the hermeneutic and interdisciplinary approaches to translate both theological and intellectual issues on interreligious encounters between Christianity and Muslims in Nigeria with the issues of local and national social problems. This work opens a new dimension in the studies of interreligious relations.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Edmund Emeka Ezegbobelu is a permanent Deacon of the Diocese of Mainz (Germany). He studied Theology and Philosophy at the Pontifical Urbaniana University and the Pontifical University of St. Thomas AQ in Rome (Italy). He obtained his Dr. rer. soc. on development politics and policy at the University of Konstanz (Germany) and his Dr. phil. on practical Theology, specializing on Christianity and Muslim Relations at the University Frankfurt am Main (Germany).
- Author(s)Edmund Emeka Ezegbobelu
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/11/2009
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleEuropaische Hochschulschriften/European University Studies/Publications Universitaires Europeennes Reihe 23: Theologie/Series 23: Theology/Serie 23: Theologie
- Series Part/Volume Number898
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight390 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.