All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.24Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionThe concept of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) has become increasingly widespread, as businesses seek to incorporate socially responsible behaviors while still being accountable to shareholders. Indeed some research has suggested that CSR in itself can form the basis of good PR by promoting consumers' purchase decisions. Arguing that this approach is a dangerous oversimplification, this book takes a deeper look at the concept of CSR in a particularly challenging context - casi gaming. Originally the province of seedy, backdoor establishments in isolated cities, casi gaming has become a multibillion-dollar global industry. Drawing on in-depth research in Las Vegas, this unique study examines how and why corporations in the casi industry interpret and engage in CSR through community support, environmental issues, labor rights, and corporate governance. Through in-depth analysis of CSR in this industry, this book adds a new dimension to the debate on the role of CSR and public relations in business. Given the burgeoning relationship between CSR and corporate PR, the book seeks to illuminate CSR's complexities, contradictions, and moral obligations. It will be of interest to all scholars of public relations, corporate communications, and corporate reputation.
- Author BiographyDr. Jessalynn R. Strauss is Assistant Professor of Strategic Communication at Elon University, USA. She has several years of experience in public relations and marketing communication and her research interests include public relations, corporate social responsibility, nonprofit organizations, and the history and culture of Las Vegas.
- Author(s)Jessalynn R. Strauss
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/05/2015
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Series TitleRoutledge New Directions in Public Relations & Communication Research
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.