All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRaising the bar after rowing solo across the North Atlantic at the age of twenty-five, Maud Fontey took on the challenge of crossing the Pacific Ocean just two years later in 2005. Leaving from Lima, Peru and traveling 4,400 miles in 73 days, Fontey landed in Hiva Oa in French Polynesia, becoming the first woman to complete what is kwn as the Kon-Tiki route. Alone at sea for days and nights on end, Fontey's story relates the ups and downs of her journey, from sharks circling her boat to the celebrity's welcome upon her journey's end.
- Author BiographyMaud Fontenoy has completed solo rowing across the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, and most recently completed a sailing trip around the Antarctic. A Time (Europe) Hero of 2005. Fontenoy was awarded the French Order of Merit in 2007, and was named the UNESCO's Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission and the World Ocean Network Spokesperson for the Ocean in 2009. A lifelong sailor who lived for the first fifteen years on her life on her parents' schooner, she lives and teaches in France.
- Author(s)Maud Fontenoy
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication07/06/2012
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArcade Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width138 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $18.25Trending at AU $21.79
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.13
- AU $43.40Trending at AU $47.84
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $36.64
- AU $43.28Trending at AU $48.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.