All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionIn Chamber Orchestra and Ensemble Repertoire, Dirk Meyer provides conductors, musicians, and librarians with all the information needed to plan their performances of modern chamber music. Meyer lists almost 4,000 works written during the 20th and 21st centuries, representing more than 1,100 composers. Entries are divided into three categories: Chamber Orchestra, String Orchestra, and Ensemble. Presented alphabetically by composer, each entry fully describes the composition, including its duration, year of composition, availability and publisher, and complete instrumentation. The comprehensive appendix allows users to search for repertoire based on a variety of criteria, including instrumentation, duration, solo instruments, and solo voices. As a catalog of modern music, the appendix also provides categories for 21st-century repertoire as well as compositions that require the use of electronics. Finally, an additional appendix offers arrangements for chamber orchestra or ensemble that were made by the Verein fur musikalische Privatauffuhrungen (Society for Private Musical Performances), a group of composers active in the early 20th century under the guidance of Arld Schonberg. This valuable resource is complete with a list of publishers and bibliography.
- Author BiographyDirk Meyer is Music Director of the Duluth Superior Symphony Orchestra. In September 2012, he was named First Prize winner of The American Prize in Orchestral Conducting. He is actively involved in the commissioning of new works, including a commission from Miguel del Aguila, and has led many world and American premieres, including the American premiere of Arvo Part's These Words...
- Author(s)Dirk Meyer
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication11/02/2011
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleMusic Finders
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Weight1298 g
- Width229 mm
- Height294 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.