All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionIn this pitch-black comedy, fatal chemicals combine with ruthless ambition, biscuits, bureaucracy and moral ambiguity. Set in the near future, Britain has reinstated the death penalty. Relatives are weeping in the witness gallery, the journalist clicks her pen and the prison goverr gives the thumbs up. Rapist murderer Richard Sanger is strapped to the gurney. Chamber Piece depicts a modern, British execution. How would it look? How would we feel? And what could possibly go wrong?
- Author BiographyCaroline Bird's previous theatre credits include The Trojan Women (Gate Theatre), a radical new version which received wide critical acclaim, Sixty-Six Books (Bush Theatre) where she wrote a piece inspired by Leviticus, and The Trial of Dennis the Menace (Purcell Room, Southbank Centre), a musical inspired by The Beano. In 2012, she was shortlisted for 'Most Promising New Playwright' at the Off-West-End Awards. She is the author of four poetry collections: Looking Through Letterboxes, Trouble Came To The Turnip, Watering Can and The Hat-Stand Union. She has been shortlisted twice for the Dylan Thomas Prize and Watering Can received a Poetry Book Society Recommendation. Caroline was one of the five official poets at London Olympics 2012 and her poem 'The Fun Palace' is now erected on the Olympic Site.
- Author(s)Caroline Bird
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2013
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Books Ltd
- Weight136 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.