All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.67
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.43
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.51
About this product
- DescriptionChamfort was a man of his time. A love child of semi-ble birth, he became a cult figure in the salons of pre-revolutionary Paris - his athleticism and charm proving irresistibly attractive to the same aristocracy which later he would grow to despise. But it was only after his death, in 1794, that he achieved the fame he had always longed for. In his room were found thousands of scraps of paper on which he had written his reflections on love, life and society. Later published in book form by admirers, these have become a testament to the astutely perceptive wit of France's forgotten philosopher.
- PublisherShort Books Ltd
- Date of Publication04/09/2003
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShort Books Ltd
- Content Note1 port.
- Weight310 g
- Width125 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byDouglas Parmee
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.