All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe Chamonix Bike Book is the only book that shows bikers the best places to ride on this side of the Mont Blanc Massif today. There are mellow cruises and savage climbs, high-octane singletrack and punishing downhills. There is flowy, techy, exhausting, paramic, windy, foresty, gentle and there's muddy - actually, the only thing these rides have in common is that they are all wonderful. Every single one of the rides is classified on a 1-10/10 difficulty scale. Since the majority of the trails are freeridestyle singletracks shared with walkers and trailrunners, there was existing classification. Like everything else in Chamonix, the scale is t comparable to other mountains; a 3 here might be a 5 somewhere less steep and rocky. Look out for 7 road rides & 34 mountain bike rides, including a summary of the Tour du Mont Blanc. The full colour book has a bling waterproof cover and is printed on mountain-friendly recycled paper with eco-ink. It's written in English. The mapping is licenced from the French national mapping agency, IGN. The Chamonix Bike Book was put together by a loose collective of riders, photographers, writers and bloggers called the Chamonix Collective, with help from some very talented individuals. The book is photo-rich and, in the words of one reader, successfully 'conveys the epicness that is Cham'. Chamonix pro Charlie Davies and MTB photo guru Dan Milner contributed images. Every photo in the book was shot on location in the Chamonix Valley - thing's been tampered with or adjusted; it's all as the photographers intended.
- Author(s)Tom Wilson-North
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationHinckley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notecolour photos, gradient charts & IGN
- Width170 mm
- Height120 mm
- Map Scale1: 25 000
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.