Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
About this product
- DescriptionBy 1920, Aston Villa had cemented their name in the Football Hall of Fame by winning six FA Cups and six League Championships. However, the next sixty years of League competition brought scant reward, success w being limited to cup competitions. It was t until Ron Saunders took over as manager in June 1974 that Aston Villa once again began to compete for the top prize in English football, the coveted League Championship. Saunders assembled a strong squad of players, blending them into a team of winners that was difficult to beat and won the Football League Cup in 1975 and 1977. Then, in 1980/81, he guided Aston Villa to the League Championship, their first since 1910. Football writer John Shipley has put together the story of this historic achievement. Aston Villa: Champions 1980/81 captures the true spirit of the time, evoking wonderful memories of the season when the Villans were crowned football kings of England.
- Author(s)John Shipley
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2005
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note180Ill.
- Weight370 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.