Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.67
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.43
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.51
About this product
- DescriptionYou Shouldn't Need a Life-Threatening Illness to Reclaim Your Relationship! For Kenya Stevens, that is what it took. Married at age 21 to a man she had met on a blind date a few months earlier, Kenya's early years with Carl were fraught with conflict-troubles that she w understands had a lot to do with her own need to dominate and be in total control. Then came a bout with a particularly nasty, often-fatal illness, and everything changed. No longer able to control and dominate, Kenya turned to her mate. Forced to dig deeply and become vulnerable, she built her way back to physical and emotional health. Kenya and Carl healed their own relationship utilizing a diverse background in powerful healing, self-help, and spiritual/metaphysical disciplines from yoga to music to Feng Shui to the Law of Attraction. It wasn't long before Kenya started sharing her insights with other women and couples. As CEO of JujuMama LLC (www.jujumama.com), she and Carl lead seminars and provide individual and group sessions. Carl has written a companion book for men, Tame Your Woman. In this life-changing book you will learn... How both partners can embrace both the feminine and the masculine within themselves and each other. How to phrase criticism in n-blaming, positive ways that inspire action. How to focus on what you want to attract, and stay away from what you want to drive away-and the ways this can help you shape your man's behavior.
- Author BiographyRaised in Detroit, Kenya K. Stevens danced, played cello and bass (in an all-women's soul band), read a lot of poetry, and even served on her high school debate team. Graduating from Howard University, she began a teaching career as well as ten-years of study in African spirituality and metaphysics, through which she was given the title Hakashamut (She Who Comes To Know Unity). She met and married Carl Stevens, another Howard alum. The couple, who have three children, lead trainings and work individually with people seeking to strengthen their marital relationships.
- Author(s)Kenya K Stevens
- PublisherCarl Stevens
- Date of Publication05/07/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCarl Stevens
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.