All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.35Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.11Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume describes research focusing on changes in different dimensions of parenting and conceptions of parental authority during adolescence. The seven chapters illuminate the dimensions of parenting that change (or remain stable) over the course of adolescence. The chapters also highlight the importance of considering variations in parenting according to the different domains of adolescents lives, their relationships to the development of responsibility automony, and how these are influenced by socioecomic status, culture, and ethnicity. Thus, the chapters in this volume provide new directions for conceptualizing variations in parenting over the second decade of life and their implicaions for adolescent adjustment and well being. The authors point to the need for developmentally sensitive models of parenting that consider changes within domains over time, their influence on adolescent development and functioning, and potential asynchronies between parents and adolescents. This is the 108th volume of the Jossey Bass quarterly report series New Directions for Child and Adolescent Development .
- Author Biography<b>Judith Smetana</b> is professor of psychology and pediatrics and director of the developmental pscyhology program at the University of Rochester, Rochester, New York.
- Author(s)CAD (Child & Adolescent Development)
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication16/09/2005
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleNew Directions for Child and Adolescent Development
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 108
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight142 g
- Width150 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edited byJudith G. Smetana
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.