CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.59
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.94
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.87
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.72
- AU $11.83Trending at AU $17.55
- AU $32.94Trending at AU $34.46
- AU $8.45Trending at AU $13.80
About this product
- DescriptionOur hero is Jess, the long-suffering apprentice to the demanding and rather self-centred witches, Agnes Moonthistle and Sybil Higginbotham. The top lifestyle TV show, Changing Brooms (which bears an uncanny resemblance to ather popular TV show) offers all three the chance to get what they really want in the world - using a little magic to help things along - with hilarious and unexpected results! With the gentle humour and tremendous sympathy for her characters that distinguished Spook School, Sue Purkiss has created ather winning vel for newly-confident readers. Acclaim for the series: '...a quartet of books with robust child appeal ...the brief is clearly to appeal to those recently emerging from reading schemes but requiring continuing support. But the stories have a fresh originality that will make them great favourites' - Lindsey Fraser, Guardian Education Book of the Week, 13/05/03.
- Author BiographyAs a child, Sue Purkiss always wanted to be a writer, but it wasn't until she had been a teacher and brought up her three children that she found time to realize her dream occupation. She now combines writing with part-time teaching. Her first novel, Spook School, was published in Black Cats in May 2003.
- Author(s)Sue Purkiss
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/04/2004
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleBlack Cats
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date09/03/2017
- Content NoteBlack & white line
- Weight120 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Reading AgeFrom 8 to 11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.