All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the impact of ecomic crises and free-market reforms on party systems and political representation in contemporary Latin America. It explains why some patterns of market reform align and stabilize party systems, whereas other patterns of reform leave party systems vulnerable to widespread social protest and electoral instability. In contrast to other works on the topic, this book accounts for both the institutionalization and the breakdown of party systems, and it explains why Latin America turned to the Left politically in the aftermath of the market-reform process. Ultimately, it explains why this 'left turn' was more radical in some countries than others and why it had such varied effects on national party systems.
- Author BiographyKenneth M. Roberts is Professor of Government at Cornell University. He is the author of Deepening Democracy?: The Modern Left and Social Movements in Chile and Peru (1998). Roberts is the co-editor of The Diffusion of Social Movements: Actors, Mechanisms, and Political Effects (Cambridge, 2010) and The Resurgence of the Latin American Left (2011). His articles have appeared in the American Political Science Review, World Politics, Comparative Political Studies, Comparative Politics, Latin American Politics and Society, and Studies in Comparative International Development.
- PrizesWinner of American Political Science Association Comparative Democratization Section Best Book Award 2016.
- Author(s)Kenneth M. Roberts
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication12/01/2015
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleCambridge Studies in Comparative Politics
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note14 b/w illus. 37 tables
- Weight650 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.