All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.17Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionThe past quarter of a century has seen extensive change throughout Europe. There have been significant changes in local government, and the European Union has come to play an increasing role in relation to municipal government. This book offers a comparative analysis of recent developments in intergovernmental relations in twelve countries across Europe. Using the framework for analysis from Page and Goldsmith's 1987 Central and Local Government Relations, each chapter examines changes in central-local relations in their respective country over the past 20 years. This book extends the coverage to include, for the first time, both federal systems and Eastern European countries. Offering detailed empirical studies, it assesses how far there have been changes in the functions, access and discretion of local government. The book will be of great interest to students and scholars of local government, urban politics, EU studies and public administration.
- Author BiographyMichael J. Goldsmith is Emeritus Professor of Politics, Salford University, UK; and a Vice President of the UK Political Studies Association. He has published extensively including (as co-editor) Central-Local Relations and European Integration and Local Government. Edward C. Page is Sidney and Beatrice Webb Professor of Public Policy at the London School of Economics and Political Science. His recent publications include Policy Bureaucracy: government with a cast of thousands and Governing by Numbers: delegated legislation and everyday policy making.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/03/2010
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleRoutledge/ECPR Studies in European Political Science
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 67
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note56 black & white tables, 7 black & white line drawings
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byEdward C. Page,Michael J. Goldsmith
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.