All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis Incenti Digest examines the social dynamics of female genital mutilation/cutting (FGM/C). In communities where it is practiced, FGM/C is an important part of girls' and women's cultural gender identity. The procedure imparts a sense of pride, of coming of age and a feeling of community membership. Moreover, t conforming to the practice stigmatizes and isolates girls and their families, resulting in the loss of their social status. The social expectations surrounding FGM/C represent a major obstacle to families who might otherwise wish to abandon the practice. This Incenti Digest is a contribution to a growing movement to end the practice around the world.
- Author(s)UNICEF. Innocenti Research Centre
- PublisherUNICEF Innocenti Research Centre
- Date of Publication15/01/2008
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleInnocenti Digest
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 12
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintUNICEF Innocenti Research Centre
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps, port.
- Weight181 g
- Width215 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.