Changing Lanes in China: Foreign Direct Investment, Local Governments, and Auto Sector Development by Eric Thun (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $45.00+ AU $15.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by mr-pickwick
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book addresses two of the most important trends in political ecomy during the last two decades - globalization and decentralization - in the context of the world's most rapidly growing ecomic power, China. The intent is to provide a better understanding of how local political and ecomic institutions shape the ability of Chinese state-owned firms to utilize foreign direct investment (FDI) to remake themselves in the transition from inefficient and techlogically backward firms into powerful national champions. In a global ecomy, the author argues, local governments are increasingly the agents of industrial transformation at the level of the firm. Local institutions are durable over time, and they have important ecomic consequences. Through an analysis of five Chinese regions, the treatment seeks to specify the opportunities and constraints that alternative institutional structures create, how they change over time, and ultimately, how they prepare Chinese firms for the challenge of global competition.
- Author BiographyEric Thun teaches at the University of Oxford, where he is the Peter Moores University Lecturer in Chinese Business Studies at the Said Business School and a Fellow of Brasenose College. He formerly served as Assistant Professor of Politics and International Affairs at Princeton University's Woodrow Wilson School. He holds a Ph.D. from Harvard University and was a post-doctoral Fellow at the M.I.T. Industrial Performance Center.
- Author(s)Eric Thun
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication16/01/2006
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note5 tables
- Weight601 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.