Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides students and general readers with a crucial analysis of Britain's shifting party dilemmas at a time of blurred voter loyalty, policy convergence between the main parties and increased pressure group activity. The volume is written by a team of experts in the policy fields concerned and provides a comprehensive analysis of a wide range of policy areas from ecomic and industrial policy to sexual equality, civil liberties and the environment. The contributors link policy developments to the traditions and character of governing parties and include case studies to explain how particular policies evolved.Each chapter begins with a brief sypsis and is then divided into four distinct sections so that readers can easily make comparisons between different policy areas. The sections are:* The Historical Context: Party Policy 1945-1992* An Unusual Climate: Continuity and Rupture 1992-1997* The 1997 General Election: Campaign and Aftermath* Conclusion: The Impact of Party Policy.All chapters also include a chrology of significant developments from April 1992 to October 1997 and a guide to further reading. This book provides an up-to-date, essential resource for students of British politics and general readers.
- Author BiographyRichard Kelly teaches politics at the University of Manchester and the The Manchester Grammar School and is an editorial consultant to Parliamentary Brief, Public Policy Review and the Daily Telegraph. His previous books include Conservative Party Conferences (1989), British Political Parties Today (co-author 1993; second edition 1998) and Modern British Statesmen (co-editor, 1997). He has also written chapters for Developments in Politics (Causeway, 1997), Britain's Changing Party System (1994) and Conservative Century (1994) and articles on party politics for the Independent Spectator and New Statesman and Society.
- Author(s)Richard Kelly
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication28/12/1998
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight670 g
- Width180 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.