All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book of trialogues, the late psychedelic visionary and shamalogist Terence McKenna, acclaimed biologist and originator of the morphogenetic fields theory Rupert Sheldrake, and mathematician and chaos theory scientist Ralph Abraham explore the relationships between chaos and creativity and their connection to cosmic consciousness. Their observations call into question our current views of reality, morality, and the nature of life in the universe. The authors challenge the reader to the deepest levels of thought with wide-ranging investigations of the ecology of inner and outer space, the role of chaos in the dynamics of human creation, and the resacralization of the world. Among the provocative questions the authors raise are: Is Armageddon a self-fulfilling prophecy? Are we humans the imaginers or the imagined? Are the eternal laws of nature still evolving? What is the connection between physical light and the light of consciousness? Part ceremony, part old-fashioned intellectual discussion, these trialogues are an invitation to a new understanding of what Jean Houston calls the dreamscapes of our everyday waking life.
- Author BiographyRupert Sheldrake, Ph.D., the author of several books including Seven Experiments That Could Change the World, A New Science of Life, and The Rebirth of Nature, lives in England. Terence McKenna (1946-2000) was the author of Food of the Gods and The Archaic Revival. Ralph Abraham, a Ph.D. in mathematics and a professor at the University of California, is the author of Dynamics: The Geometry of Behavior; he lives in California.
- Author(s)Ralph Abraham,Rupert Sheldrake,Terence McKenna
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication01/11/2001
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationRochester
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintPark Street Press,U.S.
- Content Note23 b&w photographs and illustrations
- Weight338 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Foreword byJean Houston
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew Edition of Trialogues at the Edge of the West
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.