All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBalance has meaning for a politics that is merely the continuation of war by other means. Both religious zealots and defenders of scientific fact declare a mopoly on truth and the moral law, while radicals are powerless to resist since they have lost faith that ethics can be anything but arbitrary. Meanwhile, insane bureaucracy devastates life while nations fall into dishor as they abandon their promises of justice. If the moral law cant save us, perhaps it is time to try moral chaos. Chaos Ethics collides philosophers such as Kant, Nietzsche, Levinas, Mary Midgley, Alasdair MacInytre, Alain Badiou, Isabelle Stengers, and Bru Latour with everything from cyberpunk science fiction and the fantasy vels of Michael Moorcock to Google, gay marriage, drone assassinations, and the ethics of cats and dogs. A strange and wondrous journey through morality viewed as a facet of imagination that offers a new perspective in which the diversity of ethics is a strength t a weakness, hesitation is more ble than certainty, and virtue can be expressed in both law and chaos.
- Author BiographyAcclaimed game designer, philosopher and author Chris Bateman is an expert on play and games, and undertakes philosophical investigations in a spirit of open-minded enquiry. He lives in Manchester, UK.
- Author(s)Chris Bateman
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication26/09/2014
- Place of PublicationRopley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZero Books
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.