All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionAndrew Angel briefly reviews the work of Old Testament scholars on the mythological motif of God's battle with the dragon and the chaos waters. He also reviews works that touch on the existence of the motif in the period 515 BCE to 200 CE, ting the need for thorough survey of the motif in Hebrew literature of this period. <br>There follows a study of forty-two Jewish and Christian texts (in Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek and Latin), which establishes the fact that this mythological motif was well kwn in this period. Angel makes suggestions as to how this might offer fresh insights into the meaning of apocalyptic visions and texts that appear to refer to a 'son of man' figure in this period.
- Author Biography<p>The Revd Dr Andrew Angel holds degrees in theology, education and ministry from the universities of Oxford, Surrey, Nottingham and Christ Church Canterbury. He teaches Biblical Studies at the South East Institute for Theological Education, UK.
- Author(s)Andrew Angel,Andrew R Angel
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/06/2006
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.