All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIts Mardi Gras season in post-Katrina New Orleans. Thousands of tourists have flocked to the city, paralyzing traffic and jamming the French Quarter with drunken crowds and garbage. City officials are hoping for record crowds and to generate the biggest boost to the Crescent City since the big storm. Alexander Lee Destepha, legal counsel for the world class Crescent City Medical Center, is excitedly anticipating her third Mardi Gras Season and most of all, her date with dashing art historian Mitch Landry. The couple has tickets to the Endymion Extravaganza, the biggest Mardi Gras Ball in New Orleans at the Super Dome on Saturday evening. After many months, life is good again and Alex is determined to experience and appreciate all it has to offer. She can hardly wait until Saturday evening. But, things change. Alex is stat-paged to the Medical Center at 6:00 am on Monday morning only to learn from her boss, Don Montgomery and her former husband, Dr. Robert Bonnet that Grace Raccine, the Goverr of Louisiana and a cancer patient at CCMC, has been found unconscious in her room covered with blood with visible injury. To compound matters, patients are leaving CCMC against medical advice and staff are refusing to work creating crisis and chaos in the changing Obamacare hospital environment. By the end of the day, the Endymion Ball is the last thing on Alex's mind!
- Author BiographyKIRKUS REVIEW TITLE INFORMATION CHAOS AT CRESCENT CITY MEDICAL CENTER Lucci, Judith CreateSpace (328 pp.) $15.99 paperback, $1.99 e-book ISBN: 978-1482009194; February 1, 2013 ...Nothing is what it seems in the Big Easy, and even Alex's handsome architectural historian boyfriend appears to be hiding something. As the city prepares for the Endymion Extravaganza-the social event of the season-Alex must evade a vicious hit man and save the hospital. New Orleans springs to life in Lucci's debut, and she uses her setting to good effect, playing up the voodoo angle and peppering the story with references to Hurricane Katrina and Mardi Gras. There's no lack of action in this fast-paced thriller, including a violent attack at a creepy late-night voodoo ritual and a breakneck chase through the crowded streets of the French Quarter. But the plot is convoluted, with multiple villains who all have their own reasons for targeting the hospital... An edge-of-your-seat thriller anchored by a likable, engaging heroine. Judith Lucci is a Virginian and holds graduate and doctoral degrees from Virginia Commonwealth University and the University of Virginia. She has been a practicing clinical nurse for over 25 years and is currently a professor of Nursing at James Madison University and the author of numerous academic and health-related articles and documents. Her novels are based on her clinical practice experiences living and teaching in New Orleans and Virginia. When not teaching or writing, Judith is an avid silk painter and multi-media artist. She lives in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia with her family and six dogs.
- Author(s)Judith Townsend Rocchiccioli
- Date of Publication01/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $86.86Trending at AU $95.16
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.57
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.