Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionFrom John Milton to D. H. Lawrence, poets have found creative inspiration in the Bible. This unique two-volume collection encompasses work of a variety of tones - devotional and meditative, sardonic or political - and includes re-enactments of key episodes, lyrical descants on familiar passages, personal expressions of faith, and veiled social commentaries. Roughly dividing the material between Old and the New Testaments, each volume presents the original biblical passage along with the poem to provide a fascinating new perspective on familiar works of literature. Invative and comprehensive, Chapters into Verse includes work by Donne, Blake, Keats, Byron, Hopkins, Whitman, Emily Dickinson, Christina Rossetti, Hardy, Yeats, T. S. Eliot, Sylvia Plath, and many many more.
- Author BiographyRobert Atwan is the Series Editor of The Best American Essays and co-edits the successful Oxford textbook Popular Writing in America with Don McQuade.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication06/05/1993
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1993
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight672 g
- Width150 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edited byLaurance Wider,Laurance Wieder,Robert Atwan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.