All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.70Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a unique opportunity for students to learn about themselves through self discovery. There are nearly 100 lessons focusing on individual values and the contributions young people can make to others. Self responsibility, social interaction and group dynamics are interwoven throughout the activities. Self reflection is an important part of the activities in this book. Young people need opportunities to share and hear each other tell their stories to help promote a healthy community. This book was written primarily for middle school and secondary school students, but most of the activities in the book can easily be adapted to younger audiences and used in various curricular areas such as, language, arts and social studies.The book is divided into four chapters. In Chapter 1, the co-operative activity section, activities are presented that require a group effort to succeed. In Chapter 2, the self-awareness section, the emphasis is on personal attributes and awareness. In Chapter 3, the instructional strategies section, some material is teacher guided, while others are student directed. Lastly, in Chapter 4, reflection activities, students are given opportunities to communicate their values and strengthen their convictions.
- Author BiographyJudy Demers teaches physical education at Castillero Middle School, San Jose, CA. From 1996 to 2002, Demers taught both physical education and science and during this time, developed a curriculum for her individual classes and for San Jose Unified School District. Demers has written two professional improvement projects for San Jose Unified School District. One project was a Passport to Fitness and the other is a collection of character building activities for the physical education teacher.
- Author(s)Judy Demers
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/03/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2008
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note16 illustrations, 21 photos
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.