All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUsing various narrative approaches and methodologies, an international team of forty-four Johannine scholars here offers probing essays related to individual characters and group characters in the Gospel of John. These essays present fresh perspectives on characters who play a major role in the Gospel (Peter, Nicodemus, the Samaritan woman, Thomas, and many others), but they also examine characters who have never before been the focus of narrative analysis (the men of the Samaritan woman, the boy with the loaves and fishes, Barabbas, and more). Taken together, the essays shed new light on how complex and nuanced many of these characters are, even as they stand in the shadow of Jesus. Readers of this volume will be challenged to consider the Gospel of John anew.
- Author BiographySteven A. Hunt is professor of New Testament at Gordon College, Wenham, Massachusetts. D. Francois Tolmie is professor of New Testament studies at the University of the Free State, Bloemfontein, South Africa. Ruben Zimmermann is professor of New Testament studies at the Johannes Gutenberg-University of Mainz, Germany.
- PublisherWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Date of Publication30/10/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Weight1021 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edited byD Francois Tolmie,Ruben Zimmerman,Steven A Hunt
- Foreword byCraig R Koester
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.13
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.