CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionAFRL/MLPJE had developed a vel thermal sensing material termed proteinimpregnated- polymer (PIP). Thus far, a proof-of-concept has been demonstrated using a macro-sized pixel (0.64 mm2) as a bolometric detector. In an effort to better characterize this vel thermal sensing material, experimental data was used to determine figures of merit (FOMs) comparative to off-the-shelf thermal detectors. Microelectromechanical (MEMS) pixels were designed and used as the support structure for an inkjet-deposited droplet of the PIP. During the material characterization, two observations were made: PIP is a pyroelectric material, and the polymer (polyvinyl alcohol (PVA)) without the protein was found to be more suited for measurements taken on the micro-scaled pixels. Both PVA and PVA doped with carbon black (PVA_CB) were the materials focused on in this research, with the latter being the material used for FOM characterization. Pyroelectric coefficients for PVA and PVA_CB were found to be 755.11 nC/(cm2 K), and 108.32 nC/(cm2 K), respectively, which are both two orders of magnitude higher than values for current pyroelectric polymers. A responsivity of 1.66 104 V/W, thermal time constant of 3.59 sec, ise equivalent power of 21.3 nW, and a detectivity of 1.93 105 cm Hz/W were the FOMs found in this thesis. Although the calculated FOMs are t stellar in comparison to current thermal detector techlogy, this material shows much promise. The shortfalls in FOMs could potentially be attributed to a poor pixel design. This thesis plants the scientific seed in cultivating a thermal imaging focal plane array (FPA) using a newly found pyroelectric polymer.
- Author(s)Mark E Allard
- Date of Publication03/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight327 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.