Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionTwayne's United States Authors, English Authors, and World Authors Series present concise critical introductions to great writers and their works. Devoted to critical interpretation and discussion of an author's work, each study takes account of major literary trends and important scholarly contributions and provides new critical insights with an original point of view. An Authors Series volume addresses readers ranging from advanced high school students to university professors. The book suggests to the informed reader new ways of considering a writer's work. Each volume features: -- A critical, interpretive study and explication of the author's works -- A brief biography of the author -- An accessible chrology outlining the life, the work, and relevant historical context -- Aids for further study: complete tes and references, a selected antated bibliography and an index -- A readable style presented in a manageable length Dickens is gener ally considered the greatest velist of the Victorian period, (Oliver Twist, A Tale of Two Cities). This outstanding study covers the whole of Dickens' career and also concentrates on his biography and the current state of Dickens criticism.
- Author(s)Robert Newsom
- PublisherCengage Gale
- Date of Publication14/01/2000
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationFarmington Hills, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTwayne Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteport.
- Edition StatementAnnotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.