All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $43.25
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.20
- AU $28.50Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $22.74
About this product
- DescriptionA gifted writer makes her fiction debut with this lyrical and haunting story of missed chances and enduring love, set against the backdrop of high society Charleston, which probes the eternal question: can we ever truly go home again? When Eliza Poinsett left the elegant world of Charleston for college, she never expected it would take her ten years to return. Now almost a decade later, she is an art historian in London with a charming Etonian boyfriend who adores her. But the past catches up with her when she runs into Henry, her childhood love, at a wedding in the English countryside. Already unnerved by the encounter, Eliza's carefully guarded equilibrium is shattered when she meets Henry again in Charleston, where she's come for her stepsister's debut. Set against a backdrop of stately homes, the seductive Lowcountry landscape, and the entangled lives of families who trace their ancestors back for generations, Eliza has to decide if she is willing to risk everything for which she has worked so hard to be with the only man she has ever truly loved. Charleston is an evocative, melancholy vel about one woman's love-for both a man and an unforgettable city. Emotionally resonant, beguiling in its atmosphere, it illuminates the elusive tion of home, and explores whether we can we truly ever go back to the place-and the people-that indelibly shaped us.
- Author BiographyMargaret Bradham Thornton is the editor of Tennessee Williams's Notebooks, for which she received the Bronze ForeWord Magazine Book of the Year Award for Autobiography/Memoir and the C. Hugh Holman Prize for the best volume of southern literary scholarship, given by the Society for the Study of Southern Literature. She is a native of Charleston, a graduate of Princeton University, and currently resides in Palm Beach, Florida.
- Author(s)Margaret Bradham Thornton
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication04/06/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintECCO Press
- Weight232 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.