All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionCharlie Chasers tells the amazing story of the AC-119 Shadow gunships and their crews who wreaked havoc on the enemy during the Vietnam War. The fixed-wing aircraft provided close fire support of U.S. and friendly troops with the ability to fire up to 6,000 rounds per minute and deliver it with deadly accuracy. Ground troops came to rely on the AC-119 as dependable aerial defenders of fire support bases, air bases, Special Forces camps, villages, hamlets, and remote outposts. The author, former United States Air Force Captain, Dr. Larry Elton Fletcher, flew 177 combat missions as a pilot in AC-119 Shadow gunships during his tour of duty in Vietnam with the 17th Special Operations Squadron and received numerous medals for his valor.
- Author BiographyFormer USAF Captain Dr. Larry Elton Fletcher flew 177 combat missions as a pilot in AC-119 Shadow gunships during his tour of duty in Vietnam from May 1970 to May 1971. He was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross with Oak Leaf Cluster and the Air Medal with eight clusters. He holds a Ph.D. in Education from the University of Missouri-Columbia and has penned two novels. He and his wife currently reside in Missouri.
- Author(s)Larry Elton Fletcher
- PublisherL & R Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationAshland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHellgate Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight668 g
- Width165 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.