Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.17Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionUncle Bob invited Charlie to accompany him to a science laboratory to prepare for the new school term. His imagination soared when he crossed the threshold of the main laboratory and entered the challenging domains of exploration and discovery. Unicellular organisms came to life as he peered through a microscope. The ble role of the animals in the science lab awakened his heartfelt sensitivities. He created a human skeleton, which took on a new dimension. He learned a method for identifying rocks. Chemical models looked like tinker toys, and a flower model resembled an alien from outer space. Technical materials inspired his ideas to investigate the motor on his scooter and to build a robot. A telescope prompted his question about life in outer space. Charlie's enjoyable and awesome experience at the science laboratory expanded his horizons, opened new vistas, and affirmed his confidence in a promising future full of extraordinary possibilities. He spent the next day fishing at the creek near his house. Nature transformed the science laboratory into a real experience, convincing Charlie that there is a strong connection between learning and life.
- Author BiographyThe creative process that united all of the interesting and entertaining elements of the book, Charlie Visits a Science Laboratory, has been a rewarding endeavor. Stemming from the author's experiences in educational and professional environments, the meaningful concepts and language of science have been thoughtfully preserved to provide challenge and pleasure for children of all ages. Diane Hammond Ross has earned a Master in Education degree. Over a span of about two decades, she intermittently worked as a teacher and substitute teacher in the elementary and middle school settings, teaching a varied curriculum, including science. After her first two years of college, the author took a break from classes and obtained a position in a clinical laboratory. Prior to beginning a program for an advanced degree, the author served as a science laboratory attendant at a community college, which inspired many of the creative ideas for this book.
- Author(s)Diane Hammond Ross
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication05/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Science
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.