All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores many forms of desire, including homoerotic and heterosexual desire, in Charlotte Bronte's works. It focuses on the importance of Bronte's heroines' relationships with substitute mothers and the significance of the emotional bond that these women maintain while engaging in heterosexual relationships. Charlotte Bronte and Female Desire also offers theoretical views of mothers, mothering, and female homoerotic desire through an examination of the works of Sigmund Freud, Melanie Klein, and Nancy Chodorow.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Jin-Ok Kim is Professor of English at Hanbat National University, Korea. She received her Ph.D. in English literature from New York University. She has published numerous scholarly and critical articles on nineteenth-century subjects.
- Author(s)Jin-Ok Kim
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2003
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleSexuality and Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight340 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.