Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $33.09
About this product
- DescriptionChasing Butterflies is a collection of quotations, poems and the simple joys of life. It is about my life and the way I choose to live it for my God, my family and the people I come in contact with every day. The poems and quotations in this book are original and come from my over thirty five years of writing. I decided to write this amazing book for two reasons. Firstly, my Mom who is an avid reader encouraged me to write a book that she could actually sit on her porch to read and enjoy. Secondly, I wanted to share the richness of my life experiences with t just my inner circle but the entire world. Growing up in Jamaica, almost every conversation was peppered or sweetened with Bible verses or quotations. My grandparents, especially my grandmother had a word for every situation or problem. My love and appreciation for the spoken word increased as I got older. I soon realized how potent words are. So, I do t use words frivolously. I think about what I say carefully. As my late grandmother would say weigh your words before you speak, because words carry weight. The title of this book comes from my love of butterflies. As a young girl, I would spend numerous hours chasing butterflies. I even remember being struck by a passing car as my friend Marcia S. and I chased butterflies on our way home from school. Luckily I was t badly hurt. Chasing Butterflies will t disappoint its readers. It draws from my experiences as a mother, wife, employee, sister, friend and most importantly a child of God. This book will inspire readers everywhere. It will provide support, affirmation, guidance, consolation and laughter. Chasing Butterflies is a book for all season. It is the work of my heart and a timeless treasure that everyone should have in their collection.
- Author(s)Marcia Ranglin - Vassell
- Date of Publication10/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.