All listings for this product
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $9.84Trending at AU $13.08
- AU $24.95Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.87Trending at AU $14.04
- AU $7.70Trending at AU $10.63
- AU $18.74Trending at AU $19.98
- AU $7.27Trending at AU $11.57
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $15.10
About this product
- DescriptionYoung girls will love this book about a ballerina in Paris. Monsieur Degas likes to paint the students while they practice in ballet class, they've inspired many of his beautiful paintings. But one day he mistakenly leaves his bag of paints in the dance studio and takes a young ballerina's bag instead, which contains her new tutu for the evening's recital! And so the ballerina begins a great chase to find Degas before her big night. While she searches the streets of Paris, the ballerina encounters many other Impressionist painters who are in the process of painting some of their great works. Monet, Reir, Caillebotte and Cassatt help the ballerina until she is reunited, at last, with Degas. Featuring the original paintings by the Impressionists which inspired this picture book of historical fiction, along with an author's te about Impressionism and this vibrant period in Paris, Chasing Degas will delight young lovers of art and ballet.
- Author BiographyEva Montanari is the author and illustrator of A Very Full Morning and My First. She lives in Rimini, Italy.
- Author(s)Eva Montanari
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2009
- ImprintHarry N. Abrams, Inc.
- Content Notefull-colour illustrations throughout
- Weight360 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
- Interest Age4-8
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.