Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionArguing that composition should renew its interest in reading pedagogy and research, Chasing Literacy offers writing instructors and literacy scholars a framework for understanding and responding to the challenges posed by the proliferation of interactive and multimodal communication techlogies in the twenty-first century. Employing case-study research of student reading practices, Keller explores reading-writing connections in new media contexts. He identifies a culture of acceleration -- a gathering of social, educational, ecomic, and techlogical forces that reinforce the values of speed, efficiency, and change -- and challenges educators to balance new faster literacies with traditional slower literacies. In addition, Keller details four significant features of contemporary literacy that emerged from his research: accumulation and curricular choices; literacy perceptions; speeds of rhetoric; and speeds of reading. This book outlines a new reading pedagogy that will help students gain versatile, dextrous approaches to both reading and writing and makes a significant contribution to this emerging area of interest in composition theory and practice.
- Author BiographyDaniel Keller is assistant professor of English at the Ohio State University at Newark, where he teaches composition, digital media, and literacy studies.
- Author(s)Daniel Keller
- PublisherUtah State University Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLogan
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUtah State University Press
- Content Note15 b/w photos
- Weight288 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.