All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionFrom his appearance on the Mike Douglas Show at age three (he putted for Bob Hope and Jimmy Stewart) to his winning the U.S Junior Amateur title at fifteen (he was the youngest champion ever) to his recent victories in four Grand Slam events in a row (though t in the same year), Tiger Woods has pursued with single-minded determination his dream of becoming the greatest golfer in history. But who is the real Tiger Woods? From his Nike commercials to his conflicting statements on race, Tiger has stirred up plenty of controversy off the golf course. And w in Chasing Tiger ,an up-to-date collection of profiles, commentary, and reporting on Tiger's career by both U.S. and British writers from the late 1980s to w -we chart the trajectory of the chosen one from young prodigy to the most popular athlete in the world. With stellar profiles by esteemed sports writers such as Gary Smith and Charles Pierce, reportage by Pulitzer Prize-winning sportswriters Tom Boswell and the late Jim Murray, and pithy commentary by Ellen Goodman, Maureen Dowd, and Frank Deford, Chasing Tiger is a multi-dimensional portrait of the making of a legend.
- Author BiographyGlenn Stout is co-author of Red Sox Century and has served as series editor of the Best American Sports Writing annuals since their inception. He lives in Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Glenn Stout
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication14/03/2002
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDa Capo Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight274 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.