All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionInside Hong Kong was the infamous Walled City. Strangers were t welcome there. Police hesitated to enter. It was a haven of filth, crime, and sin. Prostitution, porgraphy, and drug addiction flourished. Jackie Pullinger had grown up believing that if she put her trust in God, He would lead her. When she was twenty years old, God called her to the Walled City. She obeyed. And as she spoke of Jesus Christ, brutal hoods were converted, prostitutes retired from their trade, and heroin junkies found new power that freed them from the bondage of drug addiction. Hundreds discovered new life in Christ. Chasing the Dragon tells the whole amazing story exactly as it happened. Equally amazing has been the reach of this ministry, w detailed in this updated and revised edition. From Hong Kong to the Philippines, Thailand, and beyond, the ministry that started with Jackie and her friends taking people in to live and care for them has continued and developed to form the present St. Stephen's Society. Readers will be inspired by this tale of trust and loving like Jesus.
- Author BiographyJackie Pullinger has been founder and director of St. Stephen's Society, Hong Kong, since 1966. Though the society began and continues to grow in Hong Kong, it also serves in countries surrounding Hong Kong, as well as the Philippines and Thailand.
- Author(s)Andrew Quicke,Jackie Pullinger
- PublisherChosen Books
- Date of Publication07/05/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChosen Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.