All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChe Guevara's daughter (Aleida) interviews outspoken Venezuelan President Chavez. For the first time an intimate and extensive portrait of the highly controversial and charismatic leader, targeted by Washington for regime change . Venezuela could again explode at any moment, making this title highly contemporary. A huge appeal for activists, this is a widespread coverage guaranteed. Champion of the poor or new Latin American dictator? Hugo Chavez in his own words interviewed by Che Guevara's daughter. Is President Chavez the new Fidel Castro? Is Venezuela the new Cuba? Elected by an overwhelming popular mandate in 1998, Hugo Chavez is w one of Latin America's most controversial political figures. In this exclusive interview by Aleida Guevara, Chavez expresses a fiercely nationalist vision for Venezuela and a commitment to a united Latin America. He discusses the significance of the military coup against his government in April 2002, Venezuela's new democratic constitution and assesses his relations with the United States and Cuba.
- Author BiographyAleida Guevara, the eldest daughter of Che Guevara, is a prominent figure in the anti-globalization movement and was a featured speaker at the World Social Forum held in Porto Alegre, Brazil, in January 2003.
- Author(s)Aleida Guevara,Hugo Chavez
- PublisherOcean Press
- Date of Publication14/05/2005
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintOcean Press
- Content Note8 b&w photos
- Weight217 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byDavid Deutschmann,Javier Salado
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $43.51Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $43.43Trending at AU $48.15
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $22.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.