All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2002, a young man rehearses for his first armed robbery on a bookstore in Newcastle. On the other side of the world, Chechen rebels hold seige to the Moscow Theatre, demanding liberation. One is a local, small-time theft and the other an international political crisis, but both are born of a similar futility and powerlessness to be heard. Moving back and forth between Moscow and Newcastle, these real events are the basis for this exploration on what drives such acts of terror and the impact they have on the victims.
- Author BiographyVanessa Bates has written successful plays for theatre, television, film and radio. She has been an affiliate playwright of the Sydney Theatre Company with plays also produced by Griffin Theatre and NIDA. Her work has been shortlisted for the Victorian Premiers Literary Award and the Patrick White Playwright Award.
- Author(s)Vanessa Bates
- PublisherCurrency Press Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2009
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationPaddington
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintCurrency Press Pty Ltd
- Content Noteb/w photos
- Weight88 g
- Width215 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $97.89
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.