All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $126.99Trending at AU $162.41
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $29.93
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $54.05
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $47.51
- AU $28.94Trending at AU $29.39
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $9.88Trending at AU $10.52
About this product
- DescriptionAward-winning singer and songwriter Johnette Downing teams up with illustrator Deborah Ousley Kadair for ather perfect storybook, which celebrates life in Louisiana and introduces young readers to the spice of Southern culture and food. To the tune of the traditional song Aiken Drum, Downing puts together quintessential Cajun ingredients to make the ultimate Creole man. With legs made of French bread and hair made of rice, Chef Creole comprises all of the Souths most-favorite foods and teaches children about the many flavors of Louisiana. Chef Creole includes a glossary of Louisiana fare, including boudin, cayenne pepper, and beignets. Kadairs collage-style illustrations make it easy for children to interact with the book and point out the foods that help build Chef Creole himself.
- Author BiographyJohnette Downing is an award-winning singer and songwriter who performs original childrens music inspired by her Louisiana heritage. Her accolades include eight Parents Choice Awards, two Parents Guide to Childrens Media Awards, five National Parenting Publications awards, four iParenting Media Awards, a Family Choice award, and a Family Review Center Seal of Approval award. She is the author of numerous childrens books, including Pelicans Down in Louisiana.
- Author(s)Johnette Downing
- PublisherPelican Publishing Co
- Date of Publication15/12/2008
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationGretna, LA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPelican Publishing Co
- Content Note28 color illus.
- Weight386 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.