All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionMaster Chef Brendan Cronin - the only Irish chef to attain the prestigious Swiss culinary title of 'Chef de Cuisine Diplome', Swiss Master Chef - takes us on a global journey of gastromic delight from his childhood on a small dairy farm in the West of Ireland, to cooking in great hotels in Limerick, Dublin and onward to the beckoning and beautiful Swiss Alps, Africa, and The Far East. We follow Brendan as he pursues his dream of becoming a skilled and accomplished chef while working for some of the best hotels in the world. Along the way, Cronin describes the hospitality industry like the true professional he is, telling his story with passion, humor, and Irish wit - making us so hungry you will want to stop mid-chapter to try the many recipes included in this book. Cronin's entertaining and informative narrative includes sweeping descriptions of local culture, geography, punctuated with captivating and often hilarious anecdotes of the multi-cultural kitchens and individuals with whom he worked. His eloquent stories of the many high-profile chefs and guests he met while working in the great 5-star hotels of the world, keeps us turning page-after-page leading to a surprising end. Cheffin' provides us with tremendous insight to luxury hotels, the guests who stay in them, and the exceptional people who make it all happen, as well as fascinating behind-the-scenes descriptions of what it takes to become a professional chef in the intensely competitive and fast-paced environment of the international hospitality industry.
- Author BiographyBrendan Cronin, a native of Ireland, is a graduate of City and Guilds Institute of London. He has worked for major international hotel companies in Ireland, Switzerland, Africa, Thailand, Macao, Malaysia and Singapore. He has contributed to many hospitality textbooks, especially in the translation field and completed the translation of Precis de Cuisine from French to English for the Swiss food company, Nestle. He is a member of The American Culinary Federation (ACF), The Council on Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Education (CHRIE) and the Massachusetts Restaurant Association (MRA). He has a Master of Business Administration from Endicott College, Beverly, Massachusetts, where he teaches Event Management, Culinary Arts, International Hospitality Management, Internship Seminars, and Hospitality Entrepreneurship. He serves on several committees on campus and is the chapter advisor for Eta Sigma Delta, the International Hospitality Management Honor Society. Cheffin' is his first book.
- Author(s)Brendan Cronin
- PublisherFalmore Entreprise
- Date of Publication22/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFalmore Entreprise
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.